William H. Boyden
Chief of Police
800 Coastal Highway
Ph: (302) 539-2000
Fx: (302) 539-2519
We hope you enjoy your vacation with us. We ask that you follow these general safety rules while you are here.
- Walkers and joggers need to exercise extreme caution. Please travel against the flow of traffic using the sidewalks and crosswalks provided
- Obey all stop signs and speed limits
- Bicyclists must ride with the flow of traffic in the bicycle lane. Follow all traffic laws and wear/use reflectors
- Fireworks are NOT allowed
- All speed limits and traffic regulations are strictly enforced
- Driving in the shoulder of Route 1 (Coastal Highway) is a violation and subject to a fine
- Yield the right-of-way to authorized emergency vehicles until they have passed, except when otherwise directed by a police officer
- Do not obstruct an intersection or a marked crosswalk from use by other vehicles or pedestrians
- Juvenile Curfew - Midnight to 6:00 AM - Minors may not be out without a parent or the parent's designee unless the minor is en route to or from work.
- Standing, sitting, eating or drinking on any street or highway while using a vehicle as a picnic facility is not permitted.
- Living, dwelling, cooking, sleeping, changing clothes or using toilet facilities inside any vehicle within the corporate limits of Town is prohibited.